Q: Oil pressure reading low on my truck.

asked by on December 28, 2015

The oil pressure on my 2003 Chevy Silverado reads zero for a few minutes before jumping to normal.

Oil/Fluid Leak Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

This is a common problem for your vehicle. The most likely problem is a failed oil pressure sending unit. This is what tells the gauge in your car how much oil pressure the engine has. Just to be safe I would enlist the help of a mechanic to check the oil pressure of your engine with a separate gauge to confirm that there has not been a failure of the oil pump in your engine before driving any further. If the oil pump is failing you could cause serious damage to your engine.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr