Q: My 2015 ford fusion is stuck in neutral

asked by on August 31, 2017

Hello. I have a 2015 ford fusion. I am able to shift into drive reverse and neutral. But my dash board still shows my car in neutral. And still will not move. Even when I give the vehicle gas the speedometer stays at zero. I did check and my brake lights are working. Please help!!! I am praying it is not the transmission.

You should check the shift cable is attached at the transmission and at the shifter mechanism. If the cable is off then you will need to have cable replaced. If cable is not disconnected then have someone move shifter back and forth with engine off to see if the cable is moving the transmission shift lever. If it is then the problem is in the transmission and will need further diagnosis.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr