Q: I have a 2010 Honda Pilot and when I crank the engine in the cold it makes a whining noise. I did some research and I saw that one

I have a 2010 Honda Pilot and when I crank the engine in the cold it makes a whining noise. I did some research and I saw that one The power steering hoses has an o ring and when the o ring goes bad air sucks into the hose. Also, I have no changed any of my fluids in the car. The maintenance minder has not said anything but my vehicle has 135000 miles

Hi John. Thanks for contacting us tonight. The damaged steering pump o-rings or low power steering fluid indeed is a cause of the type of symptom you are describing. Although it might not be time to flush the power steering fluid, being proactive about replacing the power steering hoses and flushing the power steering fluid is probably a good way to resolve this issue. It is also possible that the pump is starting to wear out and will require replacement. The most affordable and easy way to diagnose this issue is to check the power steering fluid - as it might be simply low and need to be topped off. If you’d like to have one of our mobile mechanics come to your location and help you diagnose this problem, please let us know.

3. I have a 2010 Honda Pilot and when I crank the engine in the cold it makes a whining noise. I did some research and I saw that one