Q: My car has a problem with wheel vibration (while braking)

Our car has a problem with wheel vibration (while braking). I looked at the warranty booklet and it only notes that brake pads are a 'wear and tear item,' but it does not mention the rotors. I plan on going to the dealership and asking them to at least turn the rotors to fix this. I think that the longer term solution would be aftermarket rotors and pads. Would that fix the wheel vibration?

A: It does sound like your rotors are warped. ...

It does sound like your rotors are warped. The rotors would have to be measured to determine if they can be resurfaced, or if the rotors need to be replaced.

You don't need to upgrade to aftermarket slotted and drilled rotors - OEM replacements will be just fine. What causes the rotors to warp more on some vehicles than others is driving habits. Rotors get hot and warp when the driver rides the brakes or slams on them often. I suggest you have a professional inspect your brakes to determine what your vehicle needs. The team at YourMechanic is an excellent option since we make house calls.