Q: Abs, brake lights are on, and the check engine light is on. Code PO500 came up. I changed our speed sensor on the back axle as well.

asked by on March 09, 2017

The abs light is on as well as the brake light as well as the check engine light. Code PO500 comes up. I changed out speed sensor 9n the back axle as well as on the transmission. Lights are still on as well as the code PO500. What else could it be please need help ! ! ! Thanks for your time Jeremiah

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

There could be a wiring issue with the vehicle speed sensor from the computer to the speed sensor pigtail. If the wiring is good, then the PCM may not correctly configured for the actual tire size on the vehicle. If you need further assistance with your engine light being on, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr