Q: Battery light is on

asked by on May 31, 2017

When I Start My Car No Lights Are On Besides My Tire Pressure. As I'm Driving After About 5 Min The Battery Light Comes On But I'm Still Able To Drive Shortly After The ABS & The Light For Slick Roads Comes On. Then Maybe 2 Mins After That Everything In My Car Goes Out But I'm Still Able To Drive The Car But After So Long It Starts Slowing Down & Not Letting Me Go. So I Turn My Car Off & Attempt To Turn It Back On & Everything Just Flickers . I Just Replaced The Battery & My Alternator.

Battery will not hold a charge Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

It sounds like your vehicle has a voltage problem, which is often associated with a bad voltage regulator. When the voltage regulator is not working properly, this may result in the alternator allowing too much power to be delivered to the battery resulting in damaging wires and prematurely sometimes destroying the battery. In other cases it may result in the alternator not supplying enough power to the battery, resulting in undercharging the battery or not charging it at all. In some cases when a battery is too weak or damaged, it may no longer hold a charge for any length of time, in which case the alternator may be doing its job, but the battery is just simply too weak to hold a charge. In either case, I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your vehicle’s charging system.