Q: Q: My oil light stays on

hi i take my toyota 2e head off too clean dry oil out when i put it back and start the car the oil light stays on OIL is pressure is pushing oil up to the head but not as strong as it must can the problem lay in my oilpick that is drity aswell and block the oil flow or my oil pump

It is possible that debris from the clean up has found its way to the crankcase and thence onto the oil pump pickup screen partially clogging the sump. Also, you want to make sure that the wiring harness to the oil pressure sending unit terminal is tight and secure. Measure the actual oil pressure, using a gauge at the sending unit port, and compare against factory spec. If the pressure is low, you could drop the oil pan and check and see if the pick up screen is partially blocked. If you desire that a certified professional identify the cause of the apparent low oil pressure, by all means, feel free to follow-up with YourMechanic.

3. Q: My oil light stays on