Q: If the security system is disabled on a 98 Riveria will the car no longer work?

Will the car still work if the security system is disabled

Hi Tristana. Thanks for contacting us tonight. In most cases, if the security system has been disabled manually (meaning that someone has disconnected wires or attempted to bypass it somehow), it will create a fault code in the ECU which disables the ignition system. This causes the engine to not start. However, if the security system has been disabled through the ECM, by a dealership, for example, the codes can be cleared and system reactivated in many instances.