Q: How much should a rear differential cost to replace in a 2013 rogue

asked by on August 22, 2017

How much should a rear differential cost for my 2013 rogue. I have loud terrible noises coming from the rear of the car.

This car is a lemon.

I've already replaced the engine 1 year ago with a rebuilt one

Just recently put $980 into a new AC issue

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

The part cost depends on which model you have (and which drive train options) but for a completely remanufactured axle (including the differential), the part cost is in the range of $1,200 to $1,800 roughly. If you repair what you have, it might be less expensive. Initially, of course, there is the issue of the diagnosis, that is you want to make sure that the noise is not due to a more mundane, and less expensive to repair, cause such as faulty wheel bearings, a bad u joint, brake noise (loose parts) and so forth. To pinpoint the origin of the noise, and then get a slate of repair options to consider, you could request a vehicle noise diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will definitely find the origin of the noise. With the mechanic’s advice and explanation, you can then decide how best to handle it. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr