Q: I am attempting to install a Viper 4105V remote start system

I have a Viper 4105V remote start system I purchased and I am currently attempting to install it into my 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. My biggest issues have been identifying wires and then understanding how to set up my remote start system to use them. I have wiring sheets from the internet that explain which wires do what on both my vehicle and the remote start system (I have generally verified the information form the former sheet). This, however, is not enough to get me through the installation.

Most of the time these ant theft systems are generic in nature and do not give a good identified wire diagram to work on any vehicle. With the advent of computer control lighting and lock modules on vehicles made within the last 20 years may require specialized accessories to go with the kit you got. You will need to have a professional mechanic like one from YourMechanic to help identify the correct installation. The kit you identify is a generic basic model and has many accessories that can go with it to help install into these newer vehicle computer systems.