Q: Brake light and battery light flashing after replacing HID's, alternator and battery

asked by on May 12, 2016

A few weeks ago, I installed new HID's in my car. Several days after doing that, the brake light and battery light started flashing. So, I got my alternator and battery replaced. Then shortly after that, the brake light and battery light started flashing again. What else could this be from?

It sounds like it may just be happenstance that the HID light bulbs were replaced and then the other problems started. The battery light is set to come on when the vehicle detects the alternator output is below 12 volts. When the battery voltage drops too low, it can cause the ABS system to become disabled. A relay that is a bad or a faulty battery cable can also cause these symptoms. A qualified technician, like the ones at YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your brake light and battery light issues and perform any repairs required.