Q: Transmission issues

I own a 2013 Dodge Dart rallye 1.4 litre turbo, automatic transmission, today I got in and started it and the service transmission message came up, I drove it about 5 miles and shut it off and let it sit a couple hours, then drove it back and it drove just fine, what can the problem be?

This may mean many different things ranging from just a basic service interval notification to other more severe transmission component failures. Generally, if there is something seriously wrong, you may get a more severe warning indicating to shut the engine down or urgent service is needed. Based upon the mileage of your vehicle, this is likely a basic transmission service interval notification. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to service your transmission.

3. Transmission issues