Q: Car starts on its own. Just changed the starter, the solenoid is okay, and I checked the wiring.

Just changed the starter. I go to connect the battery and my truck starts on its own. The solenoid is good. Check the wiring and I haven't seen anything that could be touching. What could be the problem

A: Hello. Either the two big terminals are tou...

Hello. Either the two big terminals are touching each other on the starter solenoid or the starter solenoid is shorted internally. You should check to make sure the two large terminals are not touching. If you would like to have an expert scope out this problem for you, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the relevant electrical circuits and guide you through a repair.