Q: C0281code for brake switch circuit came up and I replaced the brake switch but ABS Light is still on

Abs light is on for C0281 code on 2005 Chevy Avalanche and i replaced the brake switch and abs light is still on

A: Hello. The C0281 code is a software-driven ...

Hello. The C0281 code is a software-driven code if the ABS module doesn’t detect "brake switch release", but sees speeds above 15 mph during the first minutes of operation. Check that the brake light switch is in fact going out when your foot is off the brake. Check to see if the brakes appear to be releasing at all 4 corners, and there are no issues with the master cylinder not retracting all the way (i.e. air in the lines or blocked ports). If all of these check out, an ABS code clear/read cycle is in order. If you need further help having this checked, a qualified pro from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the ABS Light and make sure that this gets corrected properly.