Q: Car doesn't recognize the key when it's inserted

I'm having trouble with my car recognizing the key. Sometimes it takes dozens of times before it recognizes it. What causes this type of problem and what should I do?

There are several common possible issues. Low battery voltage can cause this type of situation to occur. Another possibility is a problem in the drive authorization system. The key itself is also something to consider. The drive authorization system needs to be checked by looking at key statuses, faults, etc. This needs to be done with a Mercedes diagnostic tool.

3. Car doesn't recognize the key when it's inserted