Q: Warning chime sounding for no apparent reason.

The warning chimes start chiming intermittently for no reason. The door isn't open or the lights left on. Sometimes it doesn't do it for a day or two, and then all of a sudden will do it all the time. Sometimes it is only a single chime every minute or two and sometimes it is constant, almost like when the key is turned on. Is it possible to have the chime completely disabled?

It sounds like the door sensor could be bad. I would have a technician look at it to determine if it is bad. Another problem could be the ignition switch. There is a common problem with the ignition switch causing the chime. There is a way to disable it but you have to modify the switch and this is not recommended for someone that has no experience with electronics. You can talk to a technician from YourMechanic.