Q: 2012 Chevy Cruze 1.8L car is sluggish and hesitates to accelerate code is p0016 changed both cam sensors no luck

My car is throwing the code p0016 and it idles rough its very sluggish and it hesitates to accelerate but once it takes off it’s fine I took it to a mechanic he said it was a timing belt issue so he replaced the timing belt but later on it started doing the same issue so then the variable timing actuator was replaced that also didn’t help then both camshafts sensors were replaced and still the problem persists the oils and filter were changed spark plugs and coils are fine I have checked just about everything and I’m still at a a loss please help.

There are two possibilities that could be causing this issue. It is possible that the timing belt was replaced incorrectly and now the timing is off therefore having the same problem as before. The other possibility is that the crankshaft position sensor is faulty. This code indicates that there is a correlation between the camshaft position sensor and the crankshaft position sensor. If the crankshaft position sensor has not been replaced it is very possible that this could be the cause of the issue.

3. 2012 Chevy Cruze 1.8L car is sluggish and hesitates to accelerate code is p0016 changed both cam sensors no luck