Q: Getting code P0446

asked by on February 25, 2016

I bought an old F150. I have an engine fault code (P0446) that requires investigation (maybe contacts issue or valve fault). Also, there is a little oil leaking from the rear axle differential housing.

The code P0446 is most likely due to an inoperative evaporative vent solenoid that will need replacement. The rear axle leak will need to be inspected to see where the leak is for a repair needed. If the rear cover is leaking, then the rear cover can be removed and re-sealed. If you need help with this, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic come to your home or office to repair or replace your evaporative vent solenoid for you so that you get back on the road worry-free.