Q: Is it possible to remove Bracket bolts without removing caliper pins?

asked by on July 19, 2016

I need to remove both caliper and bracket from a 2003 G35. The problem is one of the the caliper pins is stuck and rounded. If I remove the bracket bolts, will the caliper be removed as well without removing the pins?

The complete bracket and caliper can be removed this way. I have seen this many times where the caliper retainer slide bolt seizes. The reason is no one lubed the slides and pins when they did the brakes in the past. This was avoidable if they lubed them on previous brake jobs. You can also purchase a new caliper with the bracket in most cases as an assembly. If you want to have a mechanic assist you with this, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect your suspension and help perform this task.