Q: Hissing sound coming from the front of the car

asked by on May 28, 2017

The ac compressor was replaced and ii noticed a hissing sound like air escaping in the front of the car as soon as I turned it on and while idiling

AC Compressor Replacement $672.08 - $2949.86 Get a Quote

It sounds like the AC lines may still have a leak in them as indicated by the hissing sound you describe. This is a common sound when there is a leak in the AC system. As the AC compressor builds pressure and compounds the refrigerant, this creates a very high pressure system. When there is a leak in the system, this will produce a hissing sound much like you describe. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr