Q: Car takes 2-3 tries before starting

My car has 153,000 miles and it is having trouble starting. It takes two or three times before it will start. The spark plugs, fuel pump relay, and fuel filter have been changed. After replacing those I saw that the check engine light doesn't light up at all. I feel like the previous owner should have disclosed this information when I purchased this car. I get the following codes:

• P0343 Camshaft Position Sensor ""A"" Circuit High, Bank 1 or Single Sensor
  • P0348 Camshaft Position Sensor ""A"" Circuit High, Bank 2

Do these codes mean that I have to replace both sensors or will my car be fine with just one -- and if so, which one?"

A: A few different things can cause the vehicl...

A few different things can cause the vehicle to have camshaft sensor codes. The most common would be the failure with the camshaft sensor, timing chain damage, improper timing, or a wiring issue.

The Check Engine Light should illuminate when the key is turned, then go off after a few seconds. This is a failsafe that proves the light is able to work as designed. Other possible causes of a car having starting problems would be the ignition switch, fuel pump, starter, or battery. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose this fault and perform any repairs that are required.