Q: Is it dangerous to drive while reduce engine power light is on?

Reduce engine power

The engine control module (ECM) has a safety feature built into it when the ECM detects a major fault in the sensors or actuators that can cause the throttle opening to be limited. With the reduced engine power and throttle response your vehicle should be driven carefully to a safe location where the problem can be diagnosed by a mechanic like a mobile mechanic from YourMechanic. Your vehicle may have engine or transmission failures that can be the cause and will need ECM scanned for codes to pinpoint the problem for the mechanic. Then the problem can be narrowed down to a failure in the systems.