Q: Loud clanking noise between front belt and fan. Fan appears loose 2003 Mercedes ML350

Turned on car. Has been fine. Immediate very loud clanking noise. Belt appears fine, fan appears wobbly High mileage but has been maintained by MB I was planning to sell car in one month

Hello - while it is possible that there are simply loose nuts/bolts for the fan, it is most likely the fan clutch is failing, hence the wobbling fan. I recommend a fan clutch replacement as soon as possible, performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, replace this critical component, and get you back on the road quickly.

3. Loud clanking noise between front belt and fan. Fan appears loose 2003 Mercedes ML350