Q: Push button not starting car sometimes.

asked by on November 18, 2016

Push button not starting car sometimes. Diggitation possibly going bad. Can I remove push button for a key?

When you are starting the vehicle, make sure your foot is firmly applied on the brake pedal before pushing the button. If you ever notice your brake lights do not come on and the car doesn’t start, there may be a problem with the brake switch. If the car does not receive the signal that the brakes are applied, it will not start. There is also the possibility the start switch may have a fault as well. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and take a closer look at your no start situation to offer a more personal diagnosis.