Q: Car sluggish after 40 MPH

asked by on February 14, 2016

My car drives fine while in First and Second gear, but once I reach 40 MPH, the transmission seems to slip, and the car loses some of its power and seems sluggish.

Car is slow to accelerate Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The transmission seems to be slipping internally. The 3-4 clutches are most likely bad, causing the transmission to slip. The transmission would likely need to be overhauled or replaced. I recommend that you have a mechanic, like the ones from YourMechanic, come by to diagnose the cause of your car’s sluggish running, and recommend a repair.