Q: cx-9 phone button bluetooth no working

asked by on June 22, 2017

My Bluetooth for phone used to work well.. however the button on steering wheel would get activated automatically and take me through the annoying voice prompts... So I distinctly remember somehow turning it off. Now I want to turn it back on and I can't remember for the life of me how I turned it off... There is no Bluetooth to be found in the menu, I thought I may have removed a fuse for Bluetooth but I cant find one in the manual. Can you please help??? Appreciate it Thanks

Unfortunately, if you have tampered with the bluetooth system, it would be very difficult to determine what could be causing this issue without knowing what you did previously. The only recommendation that I have is to check behind the radio unit for unplugged wiring harnesses (if you remember pulling the radio out) or check under the dash for the same. If you do not find any unplugged harnesses, check your owner’s manual as it may explain how to disable/enable the bluetooth system. If all else fails, I would recommend taking it to your local Mazda dealer as they likely have an efficient way of testing their radio units for proper function.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr