Q: Should I use windshield washer fluid to defrost my front windshield 2016 Nissan Altima

asked by on March 25, 2017

Should I use washer fluid to defrost my front windshield when needed?

Hi There, You can certainly use the window washer fluid in your car to spray on the windshield when defrosting your windshield. As you may know, most window washer fluid contain an alcohol solution in them that reduces the freezing point of the liquid to -20-50 degrees F depending on the brand you buy. This helps to keep the fluid from freezing inside the container while sitting in the car. The alcohol content in the fluid also helps to break up the ice on the windshield when it is applied to the ice.