Q: My car keeps shutting off - even with a new car battery

asked by on October 24, 2016

I just bought a new car battery.Was in traffic for about 3hours ,engine/Air-condition and radio working..Suddenly radio goes off, dash board light goes off the car suddenly goes off-wouldnt start until Kickstarter by a battery charger.Whats the cause of issue and what do I do?

Battery Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Alternator Replacement $149.30 - $1391.75 Get a Quote

This is most likely due to the alternator not recharging the battery. This is why you lost all the electrical power and the engine dies. All these systems to keep the engine running need electrical power. I recommend having the electrical charging system checked and replace the alternator if the tests fail.