Q: rear door lock jammed

I have an Acura TL 3.2 2003 and yesterday my buddy was in the rear driver's seat. He asked me to pop the lock for him to exit and as I pressed it he pulled on the inside handle now it won't open from inside, outside, with the auto lock or with manual tugging. When I use the auto lock to try and open it it moves and the door makes the pop sound but it doesn't free itself fully. I was sure to make sure the door handles were both fully in the closed position securely and no luck any ideas?

A: From what you've described, it sounds l...

From what you've described, it sounds like the door latch may have been jammed when the lock and handle was actuated at the same time. The door panel will have to be removed from the inside by removing the rear seat and then the door panel. Once removed, the latch will have to be reset and the lock actuator will need to be removed in order to get the latch to open the door. The latch may have to be replaced after the door is opened up.

If you need assistance with this, get some help from a professional mechanic who can diagnose the issue with your door firsthand and fix it accordingly.