Q: My car cooling fan works for a few seconds when I turn the car off, not on when the car's on. Is the temperature sensor bad?

My car cooling fan works for a few seconds when I turn the car off, not on when the car's on. Is the temperature sensor bad? The radiator also leaks

If it doesn’t run for more than about a minute, that could be a normal situation. The fan is triggered by temperature at the cylinder head, and when the engine is off and the coolant isn’t circulating, the heat rises to the top of the engine. If the car is fully warmed up and it’s a hot day outside, the fan may come on for a short time when the car is off. If it runs on and on, it may be a different matter and you will want to have it checked out. The leak, should concern you. Left to themselves, things always go from bad to worse and it could get worse at a very inconvenient time. If you contact Your Mechanic, they can send a technician to your home or office to check out your Honda and let you know what can be done for it.

3. My car cooling fan works for a few seconds when I turn the car off, not on when the car's on. Is the temperature sensor bad?