Q: Blower motor works on low speed only. only replace blower motor resistor.

asked by on July 23, 2017

Blower motor works on low speed only, already replace the blower motor resistor. What else am I missing? Could it be the power switch or something else?

It sounds like this may be a sign of a faulty blower motor or bad wiring between the motor and the resistor. As you might know, these have electric motors in them that wear out over time and will begin to make squeaking or grinding noises as the bearings begin to wear out. The electrical contacts may also wear out causing the motor to fail. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and replace your blower motor.