Q: When I start accelerate, feels like there's an anchor holding the car

asked by on September 18, 2016

I have a bmw 320i and I'm feeling something is not right. the car feels very heavy when start accelerate, my foot goes until half of the pedal to get power, after 40km 50km p/h everything is fine and acceleration respond well. what can possible be?

Car is slow to accelerate Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hey there. Without additional detail as to the characteristics of the acceleration it may be difficult to diagnose without test driving the car. You will want to check to see if the acceleration feels more like a jerking or surging motion. If it was more of a jerking issue, the cause could be a vacuum leak. If the acceleration felt more like a surge, the problem could be caused by a bad belt.

It is also important to take note of whether the symptom is continuous or intermittent, any sounds that are being made, any smells you may observe, and whether or not the car is getting regular mileage. If you need more help, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the cause of the acceleration problem in detail.