Q: Why does it only go 20 to 30 mph?

I been dealing with the same problem since i got the car from someone, its keep smoking out the back i think my oil burning because i constantly put oil in it. and also my Nissan only going 25 to 30 MPH ill take it to an mechanic bamm the problem fix and then within a month its back doing the samething running slow again now this time i took it to an different mechanic they telling me its my timming chain it needs replaced but im not for shore they fully know what they talking about because they told me to just pay for a whole knew motor to solve my entire issue they telling me its going runn me about 2000 to fix it with the motor and everything i dont know to trust the whole situation no mechanics seem to know what's really up with my car but im done with it i just want to know the truth

Hi there, thanks for writing in. First off, take your Nissan to a different mechanic. Yes; changing the motor would fix the issue, but if they are guessing that the timing chain is the reason why you’re consuming as much oil as you are and the vehicle only goes 30 mph, that’s most likely not the issue. What I’d do is contact one of our professional mechanics who can come to your location to complete an engine is smoking inspection. This will allow a professional mechanic to download any error codes, inspect your vehicle and determine for certain what is damaged. If the repair costs is going to cost you more than the vehicle is worth, they’ll tell you the truth.