Q: Truck hesitating down the highway

My truck hesitates when I am driving down the highway only once in a 26 mile trip. It only hesitates for a few seconds and then is fine. I noticed that the passenger floorboard is not after driving it and it smells like gas from the exhaust pipe when idling. What is my problem with this truck I have done a tune up plugs wires dist cap rotor new iac new map sensor o2 sensor new throttle position sensor

With the floor board getting hot during the drive, you may want to look underneath the truck and see if the catalytic convertor is located roughly in the area where the heat is coming from.

It sounds to me like the catalytic convertor may be clogged and not allowing the exhaust to escape as freely as it should be. When a convertor clogs, it will cause back pressure in the engine and doesn’t allow the engine to "breathe", therefore it kind of chokes the engine.

If you need help identifying and repairing the issue, YourMechanic offers several options. They have trained mechanics that can come to your home, or place of business, to perform the diagnosis of your hesitation symptom and repair the issue as necessary.