ABS light on intermittently abs (anti-lock braking system...

Q: ABS light on intermittently

asked by on February 05, 2016

My ABS light comes on intermittently.

Hello. The most common reason for the ABS light to come on inside of your vehicle while driving is a bad wheel speed sensor. As these fail they can cause the control module to see a reading that seems incorrect and will turn the light on. A few checks that can be done first are to check the brake fluid level and the tires. If you have low brake fluid or if all of the tires do not match then this will occur. If these are fine then a mechanic would typically need to scan the brake control module for codes to see what the computer is seeing. From there the codes will point you in the right direction. If you do not have a computer scan tool, I would have a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose your ABS Light for you.