Q: Car goes dead when I turn the key

asked by on February 05, 2016

When I turn the key, my car goes dead. There is a clicking noise coming from the dash and all of the lights go off, though eventually the interior lights come back on. Then, as soon as I turn the key again, everything goes dead.

Battery will not hold a charge Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

I’m sorry I didn’t get your engine size, but this seems to be a common concern. I am thinking something caused your battery to die. Your symptoms sound like a vehicle trying to start on a near dead battery. Have an experienced technician, like the ones we have here at YourMechanic, come out and test your charging/starting systems for any faults.