Q: Air bag light and low oil lights on

Two months ago I purchased a pre-owned car. I’m having two problems: First, the airbag light came on suddenly when I started my car. Second, the oil display is showing that the oil is low. I don't have a manual Do you think the airbag light is a switch-related matter and when there’s an oil light, is that referring to the engine oil?

Hello there. You have a few different issues going on. The Oil Light does refer to the engine oil. When the Oil Light is on, caution should be taken when driving the vehicle, as damage can occur with the engine if this problem is left unattended.

The Air Bag Light could have a variety of causes such as the clock spring, passenger air bag sensor, or the seatbelt pretensioner. If you would like to have these Warning Lights inspected, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your location to diagnose and repair your car.

3. Air bag light and low oil lights on