Q: It will not start on starting fluid, it dies right away. Replaced fuel pump, fuel compressive regulator, and fuel filter

asked by on November 06, 2016

It will not start start on starting fluid but does die right away replace fuel pump replace fuel compressive regulator and fuel filter

Fuel Injector Replacement $379.42 - $3631.88 Get a Quote
Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hey there. If the motor will only start with the use of starting fluid, this suggests you may have a fuel supply problem such as faulty or dirty fuel injectors. If you have replaced the fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator, we can reasonably assume that you are getting the correct amount of fuel pressure through the system. You will need to check the voltage at each of the injectors to be sure they have the proper amount of power. You may also need to check them to be sure they are freely spraying the proper stream of fuel. If you would like to have this taken care of, a certified pro from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the starting issue and follow through with a fuel injector replacement (or any other repair) as needed.