Q: I have a new battery, and my car starts with a jumper cable, but it won't restart after driving and shutting the engine off.

Car won't start. Used a jumper cable from another car. Started. Drove a few miles. Shut the engine off and tried to re-start. No go. What could possibly be wrong?

A: This suggests you may have a bad grounding ...

This suggests you may have a bad grounding issue or potentially a faulty alternator. As you may know, the alternator is what charges your car’s battery when the car is running. When this is not working properly, your battery will have a tough time remaining charged.

I would recommend having an expert, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home to determine why your car does not hold a charge and suggest any necessary repairs.