Q: I have a 2007 gmc yukon 5.3L and after 1 gear it jerks going into 2nd and theres a weird smell coming from vehicle and knocking so

asked by on June 03, 2017

I have a 2007 gmc yukon 5.3L and while accelerating after 1 gear it jerks going into 2nd and there's a weird smell coming from vehicle along with a tapping noise

Hi there. In most cases, when you have issues shifting from first to second gear with an automatic transmission, it’s caused by restricted transmission fluid inside the hydraulic lines in the transmission. However, it is also possible that an inner seal is broken inside the transmission case. In regards to the weird smell, it could be burning transmission fluid due to a worn out torque converter; which can also cause shifting problems. It’s probably a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a truck is hard to shift inspection to determine what’s causing these issues.