Q: Getting a check engine light, P0138 error: "O2 Sensor circuit High voltage (Bank 1, sensor 2)"

My issue is this, I'm looking to trade this jeep in in the next couple of weeks but may be driving a few hundred miles on it before then. Does this issue need to be fixed immediately or can I wait and not waste the money getting it serviced before I trade it in?

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. I wouldn't w...

Hi, thanks for writing in. I wouldn't worry about it. The only purpose of the downstream O2 sensor is to monitor the health of the catalytic converter. You have four O2 sensors. The two upstream sensors monitor fuel mixture (Bank 1 sensor 1, bank 2 sensor 1). You technically only have one bank of cylinders on a straight 6 engine like yours, but they call the front 3 cylinders bank 1, and the rear 3, bank 2. Hope this helps and best of luck!