Q: What make/model is most like Saturn

Since Saturn is no longer made, what car do you feel is most like it? It is a wonderful car and when we're ready to move to another one, we'd like some advice on what to consider.

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. Saturns w...

Hi there, thanks for writing in.

Saturns were a very unique car, and it seemed to be a love it or hate it brand. If you're looking for a new replacement to your Saturn, you could look at any number of other brands. Since your Ion was made by GM, you could replace it with another GM car in the same price range. You could also consider buying a Honda Civic or Accord, or a Toyota Camry or Corolla. Any of those options will yield a far higher resale value when it's time to sell, as well as offer better reliability than competitors. If you want to look at cost of ownership for certain vehicles, you can use the YourMechanic estimator tool which has instant price quotes for hundreds of repairs as well as offers a way to see the average annual ownership cost for different models. I hope this was helpful, and good luck with the new car purchase!