Q: My wife's car a.c. only blows air in the morning. Sometimes it takes 15-30 minute for the air to start blowing.

My wife's car a.c. only blows out air in the morning when it's cool. Sometimes it takes 15-30 min to start blowing air in the afternoon . I replaced the relay and worked fine every time she turned it on for a couple of months but again having the same problem. My car has an automatic transmission.

Hi Mario. Thanks for contacting us tonight about your wife’s KIA and the AC issues. Generally speaking, when cool air blows during early morning hours, and then blows warmer as it gets warmer outside, it can be due to a few possible sources. First, and most common is that the AC vent is set to draw air from the outside and not through the cabin. The AC will only chill air about 25 to 30 degrees cooler than the air that enters the system. So, as the day gets warmer, if the air entering is from the outside, the air coming in will be warmer as opposed to the air continually circulating through the cabin and getting progressively cooler. The other possible issue is that the condenser is clogged with excessive debris and is not cooling down quick enough. If you replace electrical relays and it gets better, that is very confusing - but might indicate an exposed electrical wire creating a short somewhere. You might want to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete an AC inspection to isolate the source of this problem if you can’t self diagnose.

3. My wife's car a.c. only blows air in the morning. Sometimes it takes 15-30 minute for the air to start blowing.