Q: Ok. My car alternator and battery tested good yet it has to be jumped off and after driving 1/4 of a mile it cuts off and dies

asked by on December 13, 2016

What else will make my car drain the battery. Or is there some kind of delay from the alternator that isn't charging my battery? But even jumped off all the lights are dim and it doesn't run long. Then after cutting itself off it acts like the battery is dead. Keeep in mind I already had both tested. and there good.

You need to have the battery and charging system checked again. You have a bad connection to battery or battery is bad and not charging. I recommend cleaning battery terminals by removing and cleaning then and reinstall then test entire system again.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr