Q: After brake pad replacement, car has loud creaking sound in reverse.

When i go in reverse and only in reverse, when i lightly tap the breaks a very loud and noticeable creaking sound comes from the back brakes. Was just curious to know if this was from the rotors or from the brake pads themselves, this only happened after brake pad replacement and was not happening before. Thank you

If the rear pads were installed correctly, they will have anti-rattle clips on then ends of the pads that hold the pads toward the front, so the pads do not have movement when you stop when going forward. When you are stopping in reverse, the pads will move in the caliper bracket and may cause the noise. If the pads slides were not lubed, then they should be removed and lubed properly. I have also seen where the new pads have excessive metal and paint from the manufacturing process causing the pads to bind or make noise when applying the brakes.

If you are concerned with the condition of your brakes, then I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine if the brakes are safe and fully working.

3. After brake pad replacement, car has loud creaking sound in reverse.