Q: I jus recently gotten a new battery inserted in my car now my car is not starting without it cutting off.

asked by on October 04, 2016

I see a red light flashing on my dash board it's a car with an key inside. I have an push starter I read the manual to see what that sign mean it says key immobilizer theft. Basically anti theft. How do I take that off? To start my car I tried everything unlocking locking the car that doesn't work either

This is your anti-theft system taking over as a result of the new battery being installed. This is unfortunately something that usually requires the dealer to reset due to safety precautions. Often times you will need to establish some kind of proof of ownership in order to have this done. If you have the owner’s manual, you may find the procedure in there as well. If you need help having the problem scoped out, you may want to get in touch with your local dealer in order to get this handled. Alternatively, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the starting problem and advise you on a repair.