Car wont start, but everything on the inside like my ligh...

Q: Car wont start, but everything on the inside like my lights and radio works fine.

asked by on August 14, 2017

Car wont start, but everything on the inside like my lights and radio works fine. What do u think the problem may be?

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

If the starter motor is not even cranking the engine, among the first possibilities is a weak battery, excessive voltage drop in the starter circuit due to poor electrical connections, or a dead starter/solenoid. Prior to performing diagnostics the battery should be load tested. With a battery in good condition and the immobilizer (security) system off, if the starter motor does not operate at that point, there are only two possibilities: 1) either there is no power to the starter motor/solenoid, or an excessive voltage drop, hence the entire starter circuit would have to be diagnosed; or 2) there is power but the starter/solenoid itself is bad and that includes intermittent operation which does happen. If you desire that a specialist from YourMechanic determine which of these is the issue, and get it resolved, please request a no start diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.