Q: Door open/ajar sensor will not turn off .

The driver's side door sensor stays on even if the door is closed. The locks work fine. I found the door switch and manually pressed it. The sensor light did go off as long as I was pressing down on the button but came back on when I released it. I was told it was the the door jamb switch. What other possible causes could there be?

A: You may have a worn door latch. With someon...

You may have a worn door latch. With someone in the driver’s seat watching the light, close the driver’s side door, and push in on the door evenly with the latch to see if the light goes out. If it does, then the latch or striker may be worn. I recommend having a certified mechanic from YourMechanic check both of those for excessive wear and replace the latch and striker if they are worn.