Q: Problem with ignition

The ignition stays on, but I can't switch gears. Then the key gets stuck and it won't start.

Not able to change gears Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, the ignition switches are known to fail, causing issues like the ones you are experiencing. There was recall 14123 for ignition switch replacement. You should call the dealer with your VIN to see if your car is eligible for the recall, if it has not been done. You may need the aid of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to inspect your gears and diagnose the issue.