Q: Clunking and vibration from front driver's side. Intermittent grinding as well.

Vid: http://bit.ly/2zEnHaF

Hello, I've taken this to 4 different shops and nobody can 100% tell me what it is. I've replaced the struts and mounts and both front and back sway bar links. I've been told (in order) it's the strut mount (replaced), the subframe (another shop said everything is tight), motor mounts, sway bar bushing.

Symptoms: -Driver's side clunking over small bumps. Sounds/feels like it's right in front of the pedals and the floorboard. Mostly noticed at low speed (under 40mph). Sometimes feels like whatever it is is "flapping" around loose. Larger bumps at highway speed are no issue.

-Strong, rattling vibration when idling if the wheel is angled a certain way and when braking right before stopping (1-2mph). I'll also hear it sometimes when starting the engine right b4 it turns over. Feels like it's coming from exact place where the clunking is. Can't hear it in engine bay but LOUD in cabin. Disappears when shifted out of Drive and into Neutral.

-Intermittent dremel-like high-pitched grinding from driver-side wheel area.

What you are describing sounds like a failing CV joint. A CV (Constant Velocity) joint is a shaft that connects the transmission to the wheels, essentially transferring the power from the drive train directly to the wheels. The CV joint is packed with a special grease and sealed tight with the rubber or plastic boot, that is held in place with two clamps. The most common problem with the CV joints is when the protective boot cracks or gets damaged. Once this happens, the grease comes out and moisture and dirt get in, causing the CV joint to wear faster and eventually fail due to lack of lubrication and corrosion. When the CV joint becomes damaged or worn, you may hear a clicking, clunking or popping sound coming from this area as the weight of the vehicle puts pressure on this area and shifts back and forth and side to side. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Clunking and vibration from front driver's side. Intermittent grinding as well.